Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 02, 2021
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service. This service is not intended for emergencies; should an emergency occur please contact your doctor or visit the nearest clinic.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
For these Terms and Conditions
- Country refers to South Africa and all provinces where services are available.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to FemConnect (Pty)Ltd, Albion Springs Close, Cape Town.
- The terms “you” and “yours” refer to the person using the Platform.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Service refers to the services offered through our website and mobile application.
- Website refers to FemConnect, accessible from www.femiconnect.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service. Even though you may have arrived at FemConnect through a website or mobile application operated or controlled by a third party, including by an affiliate of FemConnect, you understand and agree that these Terms are entered into between you and FemConnect.
You represent that you are over the age of 16. The Company does not permit those under 16 years old to use the Family Planning Service. You agree that any services provided through these Terms, except the Health Care Services described herein, are provided by FemConnect or a FemConnect affiliate/partner.
All Your Information provided to FemConnect is accurate, complete and correct, and you will accurately maintain and update any of Your Information that you have provided to FemConnect
You may be asked to provide medical aid information for family planning services to provide Family Planning Services or fulfil a prescription if needed.
You agree to immediately notify FemConnect of any unauthorized use of your username, password or any other breach of security that you become aware of.
As applicable, you designate FemConnect as your designated representative to pick up your prescription from the dispensing pharmacy and send your prescription to you at your designated address
You give us consent to send and disclose to the affiliated professional entities and family planning services. Further, you consent to our delivery of Your Information to FemConnect affiliated and unaffiliated pharmacies, and delivery partner to ensure order fulfilment, prescription dispensing for distribution of family planning products per South African laws. All medical providers who deliver Health Care Services through the FemConnect are accredited and registered (i) independent professionals contracted or employed with affiliated professional entities that coordinate with FemConnect and (ii) solely responsible for such Health Care Services provided to you.
FemConnect will not share personal data for any other use in external parties. All customer data will be kept confidential between medical experts and service users.
All data on sanitary pad requests will be kept confidential, no mentions or publishing of donor request data will ever be made public through our web and mobile applications.
Although certain parts of our services are accessible by any individual, you are obligated to register with FemConnect to access the Services. The Services are available only to users who have registered with FemConnect and to other persons affiliated with FemConnect who have been granted accounts with usernames and passwords.
You grant FemConnect and our service providers, medical providers and their affiliated professional entities, the fully transferable and sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, analyze, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any User Data you submit on or through FemConnect to provide the Services to you; conduct research or analyses of such data; and designing, developing, implementing, modifying and/or improving new, current or future features, products and services of FemConnect using such data.
Your permission to use the FemConnect is personal (Users may not share login information), and your identification information is accurate and truthful. You agree to keep confidential your username and password and that you will exit from your account at the end of each session. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are responsible for changing your password promptly if you think it has been compromised. You may not transfer or share your password with anyone, or create more than one account. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
Description of FemConnect Services:
FemConnect allows women to access sanitary products by matching donors to beneficiaries. With our technology women are empowered to access feminine hygiene products and digital family planning services the same way we order food online. We aim to reduce the inconvenience and long waiting times in clinics and reduce costs on frequent doctor visits. We provide educational experiences aimed at empowering young men and women on being change agents and how they can thrive towards a better future. With FemConnect womxn can access women’s health products conveniently, discreetly, flexibly – delivered to the doorstep!
Our Services is intended to facilitate the following services in partnership with our vendor partners through the use of our web platform and mobile application;
- the development and gathering of health care records and information with retention of the same for use in medical provider encounters and communications; through telehealth services
- administrative support in connection with scheduling and payment for Family Planning Services
- administrative support in connection with coordinating optional fulfilment and payment for diagnostic testing and prescription medications ordered or prescribed by medical providers performing Family Planning Service; and
- telecommunications and technology support for using the Platform as a means of direct access to medical providers provided by affiliated professional entities for communication, consultations, assessments, and treatment by such medical providers.
- Promotion and marketing of services provided by our medical partners who render digital family planning services via our platform.
- Providing a market place for vendors who sell feminine hygiene products
- Offering donor matching support to beneficiary organisations and young women in disadvantaged communities.
To use the FemConnect Services; the following must be true:
- You are at least 16 years of age or older.
- You live in South Africa in provinces where FemConnect is available for use.
- You must have compatible computing and/or mobile devices, access to the Internet, and certain necessary software to use our services. Fees may apply to your use of mobile services and the Internet.
- You must have a registered account on the FemConnect website to perform any family planning transactions or the purchase of feminine hygiene products.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by FemConnect. FemConnect has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
We may terminate or suspend Your access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions. Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately. Any user providing fraudulent and untrue information may be blocked indefinitely from the usage of all FemConnect platforms.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision material, We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days notice before any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
FemConnect is the exclusive owner of all rights, content, features and functionality of all its technology platforms. Any copy of modification, adaptation is not allowed and is exclusively owned by FemConnect. FemConnect permits users to use its services purely for personal and non-commercial use. Users are not allowed to use FemConnect logos, images and any other content without consent and permission from FemConnect.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.femiconnect.com/terms/